To manage Tech Data’s UK Twitter and LinkedIn social media channels to ensure a regular flow of relevant posts:
- To support the set-up of a UK LinkedIn Showcase page to provide a local LinkedIn presence.
- To rapidly respond to any positive interactions or escalate and support Tech Data’s responses to any negative comments.
- To ensure that the posts created promote news stories on the Tech Data UK website in addition to relevant vendor news and thought leadership posts.
- To carry out testing to establish most effective time to post to improve campaign effectiveness.
- To provide detailed analytics supported by recommendations for improvement.
To provide this service on behalf of Tech Data it was key that we were clear on the business messages, tone of voice and core values.
Before we started we had a thorough briefing session to ensure both parties were in tune on the escalation process should any interactions occur that needed addressing quickly.
A content calendar is created to plan out content around news and key events with the flexibility to slot in additional or breaking stories as required. Posts are written and tailored to the social media channels.
We use a combined approach to analytics to monitor far more than just the number of followers or retweets. This enables us to track the effectiveness of driving visitors to the website from posts made through social channels and to test different approaches to timings and content delivery to maximise results.
Since taking over the management of Tech Data’s social media channels in the UK there has been a healthy increase in both followers and engagement but perhaps most importantly in visitors to the Tech Data website.
Additionally, the time on site of visitors who have come via social media is substantially longer than those coming to the site via other means.
"Over the last year Essential have been instrumental in supporting our drive to increase the effectiveness of our social media activities. They’ve required very little day-to-day guidance and have been proactive with ideas and suggestions for improvements."
Linda Patterson | Tech Data UK
Get in touch
If you're facing similar challenges, get in touch and we'd more than happy to arrange a call where we'll review where you are today, where you want to be and how you can get there.
In addition, we'll leave you with some quick wins you can implement straight away.